Our Vegan Chocolate Avo Brownies were so popular we thought it would be worth sharing for your weekend baking.
This recipe will serve 10.
250g Unrefined sugar
125ml Soya milk
¼ tsp Salt
125ml Coconut oil melted
1 tbsp Flaxseed ground mixed with 3 tbsp Water
60g plus 4 tbsp Plain flour
115g Cocoa powder
2 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Ganache
1 Large ripe avocado
60g Cocoa powder
125ml Maple syrup or agave
80ml Coconut oil melted
2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Blend the chopped beetroot with the sugar, soy milk, vanilla essence and salt until smooth in a high-speed bender. Add the coconut oil and flaxseed mixture and blend once more.
- Combine the flour, cacao powder and baking powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the mixture into a 20x20cm brownie pan lined with baking paper and bake for approximately 30-40 min. You still want the brownie to be a little moist inside as it will continue to set once removed from the oven
- Remove from the oven and immediately put in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes to cool before icing – this time will also allow the brownie to set further.
- In the meantime, prepare you ganache. Blend everything in a food processor until all the avocado chunks are gone.
- Ice the brownie and transfer to the refrigerator for another hour to allow the icing to set.
- By this time the brownie will take on a fudgy, moist and decent texture
- For best results slice with a wet knife. Enjoy straight away.