VEGAN CHOCOLATE AVO BROWNIES
Our Vegan Chocolate Avo Brownies were so popular we thought it would be worth sharing for your weekend baking.
This recipe will serve 10.
250g Unrefined sugar
125ml Soya milk
¼ tsp Salt
125ml Coconut oil melted
1 tbsp Flaxseed ground mixed with 3 tbsp Water
60g plus 4 tbsp Plain flour
115g Cocoa powder
2 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Ganache
1 Large ripe avocado
60g Cocoa powder
125ml Maple syrup or agave
80ml Coconut oil melted
2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Blend the chopped beetroot with the sugar, soy milk, vanilla essence and salt until smooth in a high-speed bender. Add the coconut oil and flaxseed mixture and blend once more.
- Combine the flour, cacao powder and baking powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the mixture into a 20x20cm brownie pan lined with baking paper and bake for approximately 30-40 min. You still want the brownie to be a little moist inside as it will continue to set once removed from the oven
- Remove from the oven and immediately put in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes to cool before icing – this time will also allow the brownie to set further.
- In the meantime, prepare you ganache. Blend everything in a food processor until all the avocado chunks are gone.
- Ice the brownie and transfer to the refrigerator for another hour to allow the icing to set.
- By this time the brownie will take on a fudgy, moist and decent texture
- For best results slice with a wet knife. Enjoy straight away.
Posted by Vacherin on 22 Feb 2019